CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Finally picked up my crochet hook again

I finally picked up my crochet hook again today and started a pink baby blanket. (Sorry Joce, this isn't an announcement of any kind. haha) Its sooo soft and I think it will be really nice, I'll post pictures when i get a bit farther on it, I'm only 5 rows in. Its a nice shell stitch, and should be really comfy.

I'm making it out of some bulk yarn I had bought while it was on sale, so I am just hoping I have enough to finish it. I have 4 skiens, it should be enough.

Anyway, it feels good to be making something again.. After a long time away from the needles and hooks, my fingers are a bit sore, but they'll catch up. I can't wait for it to grow and be all comfy and ready for someones baby.

It's always good to have blankets on hand in case someone you know has a baby and you have a gift all ready for them, and in my opinion, nothing beats something homemade.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean I'm still not going to be a grandma??? sniffffff lol Oh welll one of these years I will. As long as I have one before I die. I gotta take my hooks out again soon. A friend sent me a crochet book with patterns for bags/purses.