CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Midwives. The Novel.

I just finished reading Midwives.

I have few feelings on it yet.. At first, I thought it was a bit slow, but as i kept reading, I started to appreciate the pace of the book, and got more into it.

The content is gruesome at times, but valid, and not so bad really.

The basis of the story is of a midwife, who is at a home birth when the situation takes a horrible turn. The mother dies, and the midwife performs a c-section to save the baby still inside hers life. However traumatic that may have been for everyone involved, she is then charged, as the baby's father, and her young apprentice believe the woman was not indeed dead at the time of the undeniably brutal c-section.

The story is told from the midwife's daughters view point, and while fill of insight, puts a slight spin on things in a really intriguing way.

I would recommend reading this book. I ended up enjoying it, and actually, you'll learn a lot, about a variety of things while reading it, so go ahead!

0 comments: